[racket-dev] amd64 out of memory

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Apr 16 12:42:19 EDT 2013

On these out-of-memory conditions, you might want to look at the kernel
logs for what the OOM-killer said about what processes were running,
their sizes, and who it thought the culprit was.

If the OOM logs show GB of virtual memory missing, but not used by any
userspace process, you might want to email me privately so we can
compare notes.  I've seen multiple instances of this quite recently, on
multiple systems.  My prime person-of-interest is a particular kernel
service that is used actively by only a small minority of GNU/Linux
installations.

Neil V.

Posted on the dev mailing list.