[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.3.1

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 28 11:36:06 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Was it wrong before? Suboptimal somehow?

It was suboptimal in that more operations should be allowed now (such
as accessing elements of a mutable vector provided under the type
`Any`).  However, some of the errors that this has caused in practice
make me think that the previous implementation was wrong as well,
since some of the programs that broke shouldn't have worked.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.