[racket-dev] chaperones in 5.3.1?

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 26 02:48:41 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at hashcollision.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Danny,
>>
>> I'm looking into your code. Can you provide some instructions for how
>> I can test Whalesong myself, so that I can reduce the cycle time on
>> this issue?
>
> Sure, no problem.  From scratch:
>
>    $ git clone git://github.com/dyoo/whalesong.git
>    $ raco planet link dyoo whalesong.plt 1 20 whalesong
>    $ raco setup -P dyoo whalesong.plt 1 20
>    $ cd whalesong/tests
>    $ racket run-more-tests.rkt
>
> The last command should open up a new web browser window.  Leave the
> window opened and in focus: the test harness will send testing
> commands and run the compiler on the files within
> whalesong/tests/more-tests.

I ran the above, and it seemed to work well, until I got to the
"conform.rkt" test, when it spewed a *lot* of output like this:

_62969 at http://localhost:8371/eval:4681
_63082 at http://localhost:8371/eval:2199
_63901 at http://localhost:8371/eval:6925
_63932 at http://localhost:8371/eval:6052
_63900 at http://localhost:8371/eval:6625
_63899 at http://localhost:8371/eval:6945
_63080 at http://localhost:8371/eval:4579
_62961 at http://localhost:8371/eval:4702

and then said:

Machine.prototype._trampoline at http://localhost:8371/eval:13253
scheduleTrampoline/<@http://localhost:8371/eval:13184

and stopped without an error.

The last lines printed in the browser window are:

 #<procedure:swf2-f> #<procedure:set-swf2-f!> Hello World! 6 -> 26 ->
16 16 -> 132

> If the compiler fails on any particular file in
> whalesong/tests/more-tests, you can run the compiler on a single file
> with:
>
>    $ racket whalesong-cmd.rkt build [name-of-test-program]

I then used this method on all the remaining files and they seemed to
go through the compiler fine, but I don't know how to test them.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.