[racket-dev] Where might I find undocumented un-greppable primitives?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 24 15:56:57 EDT 2012

When you use the macro stepper on

 #lang racket
 (open-input-file "x")

then you can click on an identifier such as `open-input-file6'. The
"apparent identifier binding" information in the right panel says that
it comes from "kw-file.rkt" in `racket/base/private'.

In particular, it turns out to be bound by the expansion of `(define
(open-input-file ....) ....)', which expands to several bindings to
handle keyword arguments.

If you're writing a program that expands programs, you can use
`identifier-binding' to get the kind of information about an
identifier's binding that the macro stepper shows.