[racket-dev] What's the process for adding a project to DrDr

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 21:17:09 EDT 2012

We haven't done it before yet.

The simplest way is to commit something to the core, but that's not
good in the long run.

One thing that we could do is create a directory like

meta/drdr/external

of scripts that download something from the Internet and run it. We'll
have to think of a good way to make it secure (such as having this
script know the sha1 of the zip it is downloading.) Also, for
parallelization purposes, it will be important for it not to require
the use of "raco setup" to get started.

Does that sound plausible for Whalesong? If so, I can work out a
template for you.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>