[racket-dev] [racket] Racket spamming with "undefined symbol"

From: Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado (iam at juanfra.info)
Date: Sat Oct 20 15:48:13 EDT 2012

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:09:25 -0600
Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> At Thu, 04 Oct 2012 03:48:42 +0200, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
> wrote:
> > Probably you need execute 'export LDFLAGS="-pthread -lcrypto"' in
> > your shell before of run "./configure".
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, and I see why that would work. Still, I
> think it's better to change the way that "libcryto" is opened via
> `ffi-lib', since the dependency on "libcrypto" comes from the
> "openssl" collection specifically.

I've seen a similar issue with libGLU and plt-games. plt-games shows
various errors like this:

/usr/local/bin/gracket:/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.7.0: undefined symbol
'glEvalMesh1'

It's not a big problem but a list with all libraries used by racket (via
ffi-lib) would be a big help for the maintainers :)

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info