[racket-dev] module mismatch with .zos

From: Dan Liebgold (dan.liebgold at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 20:59:49 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> Is there any chance that the ".zo" file timestamps became earlier than
> the ".rkt" timestamps on end-users' machines?

Yes that is possible... we're distributing using Perforce, which timestamps
files at the time of syncing. Would that give the result I'm seeing?

I'm guessing I should supply a custom compile-manager to ignore rkt files.
This is certainly a case where we would like to only care about .zos.

> Users are better off with the ".dep" files. I think `raco make' would
> use them, for example.

Our end users just run our Racket based command-line tools... they never
use raco make.

--
Dan Liebgold    [dan.liebgold at gmail.com]