[racket-dev] [racket] Racket spamming with "undefined symbol"

From: Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado (iam at juanfra.info)
Date: Wed Oct 3 21:48:42 EDT 2012

On 10/02/2012 05:41 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> It looks like this is a result of the way that "libssl" is linked on
> OpenBSD. In particular, it seems to not refer to "libcrypto" directly,
> and instead depends on "libcrypto" supplying it exports in the global
> namespace. Although the Racket `openssl' library does load "libcrypto"
> in advance, it does so without making exported symbols global within
> the process, and so "libssl" doesn't see them when it's loaded.
>
> The `openssl' library could open "libcrypto" in a way that makes its
> exports global, but I'm pretty sure that's the wrong thing for all
> other platforms that I've tried. Also, the fact that you can start
> DrRacket suggests that libraries such as Gtk (which I do not have
> installed in my OpenBSD image) are linked in the usual way.
>
> Is special-casing "libcrypto" on OpenBSD really the right thing?
>
> At Tue, 2 Oct 2012 08:34:55 -0400, Lars Engblom wrote:
>> Environment: OpenBSD 5.1 amd64
>>
>> Problem: Many racket programs spams with "undefined symbol" for openssl.
>> This makes it almost impossible to to read outputs in the console.

Hi Lars!. I never saw this errors in openbsd-current/amd64.

Probably you need execute 'export LDFLAGS="-pthread -lcrypto"' in your
shell before of run "./configure". Or just try the version in
openbsd-wip [1], the port compiles a full version of racket now.

Cheers.

1.
https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/tree/50781aab760dcf3a1b92e58bd3adeab56b0c77f0/lang/racket

PS: Apologies to the list admins, I sent this mail three times  :)

Posted on the dev mailing list.