[racket-dev] Planet 2 Beta Release

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 29 15:23:00 EST 2012

On 2012-11-29 06:52:07 -0700, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> The changes are small, so far, but the most prominent change is that
> the interpretation of a package source is now determined syntactically.
> If you want to install from a local directory "fish-tank", you need to
> write
>
>  raco pkg install fish-tank/

This is nice, I've been confused by the old behavior before.

One thing that doesn't work (in either the old or current setup) is
paths with "." or "..":
  raco pkg install ./
  raco pkg install ../

Also, is there any reason why the `update` command can't work with
packages from local directories? Or should I just use "--link" for these
cases?

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.