[racket-dev] [racket-bug] all/13315: TR error messages from "raco setup" unhelpful

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 28 18:01:33 EST 2012

Note: taking this to dev since my reply isn't directly relevant to the
bug report.

On 2012-11-28 05:00:02 -0500, sperber at deinprogramm.de wrote:
> So I tried to resurrect the "tr-pfds" collection with purely
> functional data structures.  It's not quite up to data with the
> current Typed Racket, though, so there are a few type errors.
> Unfortunately, after fixing the obvious problems, the output from raco
> only says this, without hinting where exactly the Type Checker found
> errors:

Just so you know, there was a TR bug that I fixed recently that was
causing the package (the tests in particular) to fail to type check.
If you use a pre-release version, it should type-check fine.

On 5.3.1, you'll have to add extra type instantiations in the tests
or just remove the test files.

(I also just pushed some updates that should make the package compatible
 with Planet 2)

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.