[racket-dev] Implementation of bit vectors

From: J. Ian Johnson (ianj at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 27 09:59:27 EST 2012

As I intend to use bitvectors to do fast set operations, and cardinality is a set operation, I wrote up a "fast count bits" function that should be rolled in for the vector implementation:
https://gist.github.com/4154642

It depends on the fixnum representation, so I don't imagine this being adaptable to the bignum implementation. Bignums would have to support this kind of thing natively, which I don't think is the case. However, if you know the bignum is a fixnum, you could use this.
-Ian