[racket-dev] Experiments with closure conversion

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 23 10:20:30 EST 2012

I don't think there is a source-level representation that has those
operations explicit in Racket. If you need to change the way closures
are represented to do your experiments, you will probably have to work
at a very low-level.

I think it would help you to look at Casey's model of the Racket
machine. It will help you understand what the low-level
representations actually are, which will probably help you undertand
what would be easy to change and what isn't (there is "closure-ref"
for example).

  http://plt.eecs.northwestern.edu/racket-machine/

The short version: if you can stick with using lambda and variables as
the output of your transformations, you'll be much happier than if you
cannot.

Robby