[racket-dev] Experiments with closure conversion

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 23 08:54:58 EST 2012

Sorry --- I don't understand what you mean by "lightweight closures use
the same representation".

If you convert a `lambda' so that it doesn't capture any variables ---
perhaps because you moved formerly captured variables to a vector
argument --- then the compiler will compile it as a constant closure
(or a module-level closure if it captures only module-level bindings).

The compiler will not detect that a particular argument of a function
is always a vector, that the vector is always size N, that the vector
always contains the values of N variables, and therefore that the
vector argument can be replaced by N arguments to avoid constructing
the vector.