[racket-dev] Survey for DrRacket users related to automatic parentheses behavior

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 00:46:44 EST 2012

On 11/22/2012 05:20 PM, Nadeem Abdul Hamid wrote:
> 1. Do you use the automatic parentheses feature of DrRacket?

No. I've disabled it and similar features on every code editor I've used.

> 2a. If yes, does the proposal above resonate well with you?

Answering anyway: I would be willing to try it again if your proposal
were implemented.

> 3. If your answer to #1 is "No", why not? (Is it because you find its
> current behavior awkward in some way?)

I just have never liked it. I honestly can't say whether it was having
to arrow over closing braces/parens or something else.

Neil ⊥

Posted on the dev mailing list.