From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 21 13:50:49 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Asumu Takikawa <asumu at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | - make queues be sequences directly (and use make-do-sequence
>> |   to implement in-queue instead of building a list)
>
> Should queues also be streams or just sequences?

I didn't think about this: if you think they should also be streams,
that's okay with me. I'm not really sure of the benefits.

I mostly made these changes to the library because I needed a few more
things for my own use of this library; it wasn't an attempt to be
comprehensive.

>> | - added non-empty-queue? (note extra hypen as compared
>> |   to the past; this seems better since the function
>> |   wasn't exported before and we already have other
>> |   functions named "non-empty-<something>" but not
>> |   others namedn "nonempty-<something>")
>
> The inconsistency now between `non-empty-queue?` and `nonempty-queue/c`
> seems unfortunate. Can we change the contract name too?

I don't think the contract should be used at all actually (use the
predicate instead), but I also don't to remove it because I think
breaking old programs in dumb ways is too annoying to our users.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.