[racket-dev] Revision to the Language Dialog

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 5 18:16:29 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for taking a look.
>
> On Monday, November 5, 2012, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
>>
>> - Allow the presence of a #lang line to override the language dialog,
>> or at least give an error that's more helpful than currently.
>>

> What did you have in mind here? The error you get in the teaching languages
> when the program starts with "#lang "?

For the latter, yeah.  I imagine a message like:

You are currently using the Beginning Student, which doesn't support
files starting with #lang <language here>.  To enable this, choose the
"use the language declared in the source" option in the language
dialog.

Of course, that wording suggests that we have a shorter name for that option. :)

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.