[racket-dev] Code micro-level organization

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed May 30 18:38:18 EDT 2012

On 05/30/2012 04:07 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

>> Having expressions come from the bottom, using the down arrow, seems
>> sort of wierd.
> Here's a concrete example:
>
>   (○ (let ([x 10]) ↓)
>      (for ([i (in-range x)]) ↓)
>      (for ([j (in-range i)]) ↓)
>
> Do you have a concrete suggestion for doing that?

Well in this case its easy, just remove the closing ) from each of the lines so the next line is nested in the right place. If you were going to use the down arrow in a different position, like

(for ([i ↓]) ..blah..)
(let ...)

I think things would get out of hand quickly because the physical gap between the for expression and the let expression could get quite large.

I mean I hope I'm not trivializing your issue, do you have a different example?

Posted on the dev mailing list.