[racket-dev] emscripten? (was: Re: Using clang to Build Racket on Mac OS X)

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed May 9 17:09:24 EDT 2012

On Sep 10, 2011, at 6:33 PM, Will M. Farr wrote:

> Thanks, Matthew!  It seems to build OK now.

I missed the implication of this, the first time around.

If I'm reading this correctly, it means that clang can compile racket, which is awfully close to being able to run Racket using an LLVM model such as emscripten, and making it run in the browser.

In particular, I would expect the JIT to be totally broken, and that there would be a lot of painful parts related to linking to standard libraries, but the resulting program could actually do client-side compilation in a web browser, right?

John