[racket-dev] Getting Started & install instructions

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 1 16:12:07 EDT 2012

On 2012-05-01 16:04:18 -0400, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> 1. No.  The download page does try to detect your platform and put the
>    relevant download(s) first, but I don't think that even for this
>    use case the decision should be made automatically based on that
>    guess.

What I was getting at is that there are no installation instructions
linked from the Download page. What I mean is something like these:

  * http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/ "Three ways of installing Ruby"
  * http://typesafe.com/stack/download "Installing the TypeSafe stack"A
  * http://www.perl.org/get.html "Operating System information"
  * http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/ see "After downloading" for each

I didn't write anything like this in the Getting Started page because it
seems like it'd make more sense to put it on the Download page and link
to it.

I'll look at your prose feedback and push more commits in a bit.

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.