From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Mar 31 17:49:59 EDT 2012

Yesterday, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > It's cute that it's running `main' and `test' -- but I can see
> > uses for disabling either, or wanting to run something
> > else.  Maybe turn it from an option to control running `test' to a
> > field with names of submodules that should be run instead?
> Okay, I've done that (using a popup menu).

Very nice.  Two minor points: the first thing I did was to add a
"foo", but that just adds the option and doesn't select it; the second
one is that once it's added, there's no way to remove it.  Both not
too important.

> > (Even cuter would be to add some dropdown menu with checkboxes for
> > each of the submodules that are found in the current definitions.)
> In principle, I could use the online expansion stuff to do this.
> Maybe some day.

Something that I thought about earlier is that choosing a new
submodule name would actually run it -- but that has a problem since
it doesn't correspond to the main run button.  Another possibility: if
you find submodules in the definitions, you show a button for each
one, which results in a very nice language-based feature for running
tests.  Could even be hooked on the "run" button, as an additional
dropdown thing that lets you choose which part to run.