[racket-dev] request for triangle in slideshow/pict

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 22 16:20:13 EDT 2012

On 2012-03-22 15:26:55 -0400, Stephen Chang wrote:
> Would anyone find it useful to have a triangle primitive in
> slideshow/pict? How easy would it be to add one?

I told Stephen about this, but a generally useful thing is to have a
procedure (and corresponding macro) that can build a pict out of a
dc-path%. That lets you draw triangles and many other things easily.

I've defined such a macro here (the `path` macro):
  https://github.com/takikawa/pict-utils/blob/master/pict.rkt

and here is an example use (look for `path`, draws a pie slice):
  https://github.com/takikawa/pict-utils/blob/master/pict-test.rkt

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.