[racket-dev] Network issues

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Mar 21 17:01:54 EDT 2012

JFYI, champlain is having some network problems that I haven't been
able to figure out, yet.  Hopefully I'll be able to resolve it
soon-ish.

The most obvious implications are: *very* slow interaction with git,
and with downloading installers, and possibly delays in delivering
mail out from the mailing lists.  (The rest should be fine,
connections are mostly fine, just very slow.)

[More information: it has some minor amount of packets dropped, but
the real problem is that transfer rates have dropped to ridiculously
low numbers.  My next step is to get a new ethernet card for it on one
side, and have the local sysadmins check the stats on the router and
see if there's a problem on that end.  That last part sounds unlikely
though, since it's on the same subnet as winooski, and I don't see any
problems there.]