[racket-dev] Interactive Tutorial

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 21 15:42:30 EDT 2012

> It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to turn the "Quick" guide into
> something similar by using something like WeScheme. I also know of several
> people who have expressed interest in learning to program but definitely
> don't have the motivation to go through HtDP. It seems like the codecademy
> approach is ideal for those types of people (the people who would like to
> dip their feet before diving in).

This is going to be summer work for me.

I've started at the problem.  There's a undocumented "embedded" mode
in WeScheme that lets you drive it from the outside, so that you can
manage your own content.  It's nowhere near done yet; as soon as I get
this dissertation document done, I can get back to making it actually
usable.

For example:

    http://hashcollision.org/tmp/wescheme-docs/test-control.html

If you look at the source for test-control, you'll see that it
currently has a very minimal RPC to WeScheme going on.  What needs to
be done is collecting what other operations we need to drive
interactive tutorials besides just evaluation.

Posted on the dev mailing list.