[racket-dev] Official PLaneT account?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Jul 20 08:15:18 EDT 2012

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote at 07/20/2012 07:44 AM:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Neil Van Dyke<neil at neilvandyke.org>  wrote:
>
>> Shouldn't everyone try to eat PLaneT brand dog food?  (Not subsist off of
>> Git brand dog treats.)
>>
> Whether or not that's the case in general, in 5.2.1 you can do:
>
>     (require combinator-parser)
>
> which can't be replicated with a PLaneT package, but can be replicated
> with a library set up with `raco link`, so this may be more useful for
> existing users of this now-deprecated code.

In the August release, should collection links support PLaneT versions
(whether coming from PLaneT server or PLaneT dev links)?  (I don't know
the answer; I don't know the philosophy of how these links are supposed
to fit with PLaneT.)

Regarding the case in general, occasionally it seems to me like there is
a dogfood issue there.  Which is why I jump on any additional precedent
for using Git instead of PLaneT -- jump like an alpha Shih Tzu.

Neil

Posted on the dev mailing list.