From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jul 12 15:32:44 EDT 2012

20 minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Matthias Felleisen
> <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > On Jul 12, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Robby Findler wrote:

> >> - I think the creation of a tool collection at this point is not
> >>   great because there will be lots of tools that are not in it.
> >
> > Are you saying that because we already gave > 110 collects it is
> > too late to do anything about the bushiness of the tree? That's
> > kind of sad.
>
> It is very sad.

I don't think that this is sad wrt the current issue, since it's a new
toy.  Also, the possibly sad point is about the difficulty of moving
things around given that there is already code that refers to their
current locations -- but that's not at all specific to our source
tree.

> Relatedly, sticking these two together under the name "tool" does
> not really help unless you have a plan to stick more there. Having
> two different, half-followed conventions is worse than one bad
> convention.

+1 -- since it's unclear how many of these things will pop up and how
well they'd fit any label, it makes another point for going with a new
collection and be done with it.  (But this is a minor point, of
course.)

> >> - "tool" has often been a synonym for "drracket plugin" and the
> >>   future visualizer is not a drracket plugin.

(This is probably a confusion that I contributed to, assuming that it
was a drr tool.)