[racket-dev] Deprecating collects

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 12 14:48:17 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-10 13:39:37 -0600, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > - combinator-parser [...]
> > - test-box-recovery [...]
> > - tex2page [...]
>
> These seem fine with me, because I think they have no current users.
>
> We've had enough versions with the test-box recovery tool that if
> someone really needs it, they can run an older version to get to the
> new version.

Okay, it sounds like the consensus is that it is okay to get rid of
these three packages (if they are at least available elsewhere). If
nobody objects, I plan to do the following in the next 2 days:

  - Remove the three packages from the core distribution
    (We can't deprecate combinator-parser or tex2page in documentation
     because neither has Scribble docs. We could just deprecate
     test-box-recovery in docs and put it on a 1-year counter if
     anyone would prefer that instead)

  - Put combinator-parser and tex2page on PLaneT.
    (It might make less sense to make test-box-recovery a PLaneT
     package, since it might be easier for users who would need this to
     just use an older DrRacket. Any opinions on this?)

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.