[racket-dev] Deprecating collects

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 12 14:48:17 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-10 13:39:37 -0600, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > - combinator-parser [...]
> > - test-box-recovery [...]
> > - tex2page [...]
> These seem fine with me, because I think they have no current users.
> We've had enough versions with the test-box recovery tool that if
> someone really needs it, they can run an older version to get to the
> new version.

Okay, it sounds like the consensus is that it is okay to get rid of
these three packages (if they are at least available elsewhere). If
nobody objects, I plan to do the following in the next 2 days:

  - Remove the three packages from the core distribution
    (We can't deprecate combinator-parser or tex2page in documentation
     because neither has Scribble docs. We could just deprecate
     test-box-recovery in docs and put it on a 1-year counter if
     anyone would prefer that instead)

  - Put combinator-parser and tex2page on PLaneT.
    (It might make less sense to make test-box-recovery a PLaneT
     package, since it might be easier for users who would need this to
     just use an older DrRacket. Any opinions on this?)

Posted on the dev mailing list.