[racket-dev] Surprising timings for loading Typed Racket

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 12 11:49:07 EDT 2012

I get about the same results, and if I try

 time racket -W debug -t tnull.rkt
 time racket -W debug -t rlnull.rkt

then I see substantially more GC time for the former.

I think the difference is GC variance due to the order that modules get
loaded. If I try

 time racket -W debug -l racket/base -t tnull.rkt
 time racket -W debug -l racket/base -t rlnull.rkt

then the times are extremely close, and I also see very similar GC times.

The "here.rkt" in decompiled output is bad, and I'll try to fix that,