[racket-dev] Deprecating collects

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 10 15:39:37 EDT 2012

At Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:30:33 -0400 (EDT), Asumu Takikawa wrote:
> - combinator-parser [...]
> - test-box-recovery [...]
> - tex2page [...]

These seem fine with me, because I think they have no current users.

We've had enough versions with the test-box recovery tool that if
someone really needs it, they can run an older version to get to the
new version.

> - defmacro in mzlib

I'm skeptical that this one should be removed,. At a minimum, though,
it could be better explained/discouraged in the docs for the hack that
it is.

> - mzlib [...]
> - mzscheme [...]

I don't think these should be removed or deprecated, ever. I have lots
of code that still refers to them --- I doubt that I'm alone --- and I
think we should be able to support them.

Posted on the dev mailing list.