[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.2.1

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 23 21:30:42 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Ryan Culpepper <ryan at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> - drracket
>  - No stacktrace for syntax errors in DrRacket
>  - change current-directory default init value
>  - render convertibles as png (or changed since?)
>  - autocompletion tweak
>  - check syntax UI improvements?
>
> - redex
>  - define-judgment, define-relation improvements
>  - optimizations, caching
>  - cycle check for define-language
>
> - icons and images package
>  - new icons
>  - libraries
>
> - teaching languages
>  - planet require syntax
>
> - 2htdp/image
>  - added bitmap/file

* The performance of Redex's matcher has been substantially improved;
depending on the model you should see improvements between 2x and 50x
in the time it takes to reduce terms.

* DrRacket now has a new slate of icons

The other seem too minor (and the second one is questionable; I think
everyone will appreciate them, but few will download because of that,
I guess).

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.