[racket-dev] git.racket-lang.org down?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jan 17 22:58:58 EST 2012

A few minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
> I'm having trouble connecting to git.racket-lang.org (but my internet
> connection generally appears to be up).
>
> C:\Users\robby\git\plt>git remote update
> Fetching origin
> ssh: connect to host git.racket-lang.org port 22: Bad file number
> error: Could not fetch origin
> Fetching plt
> ssh: connect to host git.racket-lang.org port 22: Bad file number
> error: Could not fetch plt

First page that came up for me:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7144811

has what looks like a good answer (the highest voted, not the accepted
one) -- it says that the "port 22: Bad file number" is some MINGW
thing (I think that this is the usual git on windows) that happens
when you're blocked for some reason.  Is it possible that you got
blacklisted?  If not, then maybe some firewall or some connection
issues?