[racket-dev] Caching rendered icons

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jan 12 16:25:19 EST 2012

20 minutes ago, Neil Toronto wrote:

> This is friggin' awesome. The expression
>
>      (compiled-left-arrow-icon '(255 95 78) 24)

Why is there a `compiled-' in the name?

20 minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
> I bet you could get close in some crazy combination of perl and C
> and Makefiles .... (which one would have to be very generous in
> calling an 80% solution).

I think that it was on the r6rs list that during some macro-related
flame I posted something about invoking a C compiler as part of a
macro expansion, and someone replied that it sounded crazy.  (I think
that the argument was that macros should really only do simple
`syntax-rules'-like things.)