[racket-dev] Icon issues resolved (almost)

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 7 18:48:56 EST 2012

I've pushed a change that removes DrRacket's dependence on
`slideshow/pict' (via `icons'), removes the `icons' module, and adds a
new `images' collection. Instead of precompiling SVGs, the new code
ray-traces floating-point ARGB+Z bitmaps; instead of composing icons
from picts, it composites floating-point renders.

Though the code itself no longer requires picts, I didn't update
meta/check-dists.rkt or meta/dist-specs.rkt. Doing so looked
*deceptively* simple, with comments marking the icons hack and
everything. Eli or Matthew, should I change those files, or let one of
you do it?

Neil T

Posted on the dev mailing list.