[racket-dev] Google Summer of Code

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Feb 16 00:30:40 EST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 5:33 AM, David Van Horn wrote:

> On 2/15/12 8:27 AM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

>>> I'm still up for it. The application process starts on the 27th but we
>>> should do some preparation for it.
>>>
>>> First of all though, are people interested in this? If we're accepted,
>>> any students we get are paired up with mentors, so we'll need some
>>> people to volunteer for that. Probably not too many though.
>>
>> Call for names on dev and user.
>
> I'm happy to volunteer.

Ditto, if we can get good students to work on online tools for learning Racket. This is tied in with the web-ide.org project I have going with David Janzen. Here are the pieces that I think we need:

-  a markdown or scribble language for scripting student interactions
- a nice way to integrate Whalesong with online learning
- window dressing

Google's been involved with our project on the App Inventor side, as well, so this could be a good fit also.

John