[racket-dev] new logo

From: Stephen Bloch (bloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 15 11:23:05 EST 2012

On Feb 15, 2012, at 10:13 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> I tried a whole bunch of things with the version I suggested earlier,
> but they all suffer from looking like they're trying too much.  (There
> were also similar suggestions, like the pregnant lambda, or the cult
> symbol, or the mirrored-2 symbol.)  I finally went back to the simple
> thing that Michael did, tweaked a lambda to look a little more like a
> part of an "R" (pointy serif-like ends, higher hip for the leg).
>
> The result looks like a clear R on a brief look, and at the same time
> the λ is also very clear:
>
>  http://tmp.barzilay.org/logo/1-=-ipage.html

+pi

Of all the logos I've seen in this discussion, the ones I've liked the best are the ones that look like a clear R at first, and then you realize it's also a clear lambda.  Nothing more.  We've had several candidates like that, and I would suggest choosing among them based on how they fit into the desired background.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.