[racket-dev] new logo

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Feb 12 03:00:34 EST 2012

Eli Barzilay wrote at 02/12/2012 01:50 AM:
> An hour ago, Michael W wrote:
>
>> http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5233/lambdarechopng.jpg
>>
>    http://tmp.barzilay.org/cr.png

Yes!  I think that "cr.png" has nailed the design.

"lambdarechopng.jpg" especially got my attention before, but I thought
it needed major aesthetic changes to fit Racket better.

I think "cr.png" is a big step in the aesthetic fit direction.

"cr.png" also has nice continuity of evolution from the current Racket
logo and preceding PLT Scheme logos.

"cr.png" is a bit geeky and slightly awkward -- moreso than the current
Racket logo -- but it's supposed to represent a computer programming
platform that grew out of Scheme, so a bit geeky is appropriate. And it
has more character (no pun) than the current Racket logo.

I could see "cr.png" as a rough draft of a good final version of the
logo, with the design being pretty much complete, and needing only some
experimenting&tweaking of subtleties of the rendering (in the graphic
artistry sense).

(I don't mean to discourage further ideas with this opinion; maybe
someone has an even better refinement, or some different ideas.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/