[racket-dev] new logo [and 1 more messages]

From: Stefan Schmiedl (s at xss.de)
Date: Sat Feb 11 17:21:45 EST 2012

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 15:00:48 -0500
Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> In that sense, making people think about your logo is *very* good.

r: "Oh look, they molded a r into the red/blue circle,
    because it's called racket".
I guess everybody will get this immediately and most will probably push
the logo into their mental "eye candy" folder and ignore it down the road.
Not many people will think about the logo beyond the obvious interpretation.

lambda: "Oh hey, they used one of the fundamental concepts of their programming
         paradigm in their logo."
I guess everybody will have got this after their second day using racket
and then, after filing it under "eye candy" still receive a subconscious
call "It's lambda time" when starting up DrRacket.

I'm for lambda, the "flip and rotate r to get a lambda" is way to
forced to make a connection for me.

Not that the logo will influence my using racket or not ...

s.

Posted on the dev mailing list.