[racket-dev] new logo

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 11 15:35:13 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> For the record, I like the idea of changing our logo a bit.
> I like the direction in which is evolving, though I will admit
> that losing the lambda completely.

First, I really like the new logo -- the improvement is obvious when
you look at old and new side by side.

The only concern I have is that it looks kid-oriented.  Currently, I
think our number one perception issue is that Racket is only for
teaching programming, and I wouldn't want our logo to contribute to
that misimpression.  (Compare the clojure, or scala, or node.js logos,
for example.)

Regardless of that, I think we should build on the logo in other ways.
 For example, we could use the "r" in the title of the web page, even
if we don't use the whole logo.  Or "we" could create a "d" in the
same style, and use it for a "dr" logo for DrRacket.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.