[racket-dev] new logo [and 1 more messages]

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Feb 11 14:42:59 EST 2012

An hour ago, John Clements wrote:

> Would it be productive to choose one randomly on startup?

(That's avoiding the issue, since a logo is something that eventually
needs to be a distinct thing.)

> Also, in case it's not obvious, a rotated and flipped version of the
> logo does recall the lambda pretty clearly: [...]

That's exactly what I tried to figure out why I didn't see any obvious
lambda when looking at the r logo.  The resulting lambda (the one you
attached) is far enough from a proper one that it is not immediately
recognizable, way less when flipped and rotated.  (BTW, the first
thing that I see in the flipped+rotated image is a "τ".)

An hour ago, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> How expensive would it be to rotate the logo from 'r' to 'λ' during
> start up? Now *that* would be wonderful! -- Matthias

Pretty expensive, since that's when the machine is already fighting
with loading everything.  (And it will need to be a smooth
transformation to make it clear.)