[racket-dev] Feedback needed

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Tue Dec 18 17:03:56 EST 2012

Hi All,

The math/matrix library works with matrices over Racket numbers.
As a supplement I made an alternative using matrices over
double flonums. To this end I wrote binding for CBLAS and LAPACK.
The first matrix library is implemented in C[*] and the other in Fortran.

So far my tests on OS X Mountain Lion looks promising.
On other platforms I need some guidance.

* Is CLBLAS and LAPACK installed as standard?

*  What are the paths and library names?

* Do all tests in the attached file pass?

These libraries were chosen due to their licenses,
which I believe are compatible with Racket.

LAPACK  is distributed under the modified BSD license.
And BLAS:  http://www.netlib.org/blas/faq.html#2

LAPACK for Windows:
http://icl.cs.utk.edu/lapack-for-windows/lapack/#libraries
http://www.netlib.org/lapack/#_lapack_for_windows

[*] The C source of CBLAS is the result of running
    the Fortran to C translator on the source of BLAS.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard