From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 17 15:12:01 EST 2012

At Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:00:04 -0500,
stamourv at racket-lang.org wrote:
> b715a6f Vincent St-Amour <stamourv at racket-lang.org> 2012-12-14 11:39
> :
> | Add define-inline.
> |
> | Drop-in replacement for define that guarantees inlining.
> :
>   M collects/meta/props                          | 2 ++
>   A collects/unstable/inline.rkt
>   A collects/unstable/scribblings/inline.scrbl
>   M collects/unstable/scribblings/unstable.scrbl | 1 +

I'm not sure where this should go, so I put it in `unstable' for now.

It's related to `begin-encourage-inline' from `racket/performance-hint'
but since `define-inline' depends on `syntax/parse', I'm hesitant to put
it there.

The new Optimization Coach will recommend using it instead of `define'
in some cases, so maybe it should be provided by OC? It's useful beyond
OC, though, so that doesn't feel like the right place.

Suggestions?

Vincent

Posted on the dev mailing list.