[racket-dev] Fwd: [DrDr] R25903 (timeout 0) (unclean 1) (stderr 1) (changes 63)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sun Dec 16 20:41:36 EST 2012

10 minutes ago, Neil Toronto wrote:
> On 12/16/2012 05:58 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > 20 minutes ago, Neil Toronto wrote:
> >> I got this email from DrDr after I added `typed/plot'. The error:
> >> [....]
> >
> > BTW, I did point out the failure when it happened...
>
> It had an "I told you so" kind of tone, so I ignored it. :p

Sorry, no such tone intended.  I had a vague feeling that the failure
will happen, but didn't get to check the rules.  So that message was
after the drdr failure verified that the problem is there.

> I think I'd rather have a convention in Typed Racket that (require foo)
> imports `foo/typed' when it exists.

+14.  I think it came up in the past, but I don't know why it wasn't
done...

> Speaking of conventions, I see that none of the `typed/*'
> collections are documented. It would be easy to get them at least
> indexed by putting a `defmodule*/no-declare' after the `defmodule'
> for the untyped module.  I wouldn't have known about
> `typed/rackunit' without Jens Axel using it for his test cases. I
> have no idea how he found out about it.

Actually, if the above is implemented, then there's no need to
document the `foo/typed' modules, instead, the docs for `foo' would
mention that it has a typed version.