[racket-dev] And/or as procedures when not in application position

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 10 19:07:50 EST 2012

Using and and or as higher-order functions, say for (fold (combine f and) #t l) has performance implications. It is quite different from (andmap f l).

We have thought about this for the student languages on and off. And in the end I have always come to the conclusion that students must find out about such differences and must know about them. We might as well throw them in with the first course.