[racket-dev] Other PLaneT 2 questions

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Tue Dec 4 19:22:29 EST 2012

* Will there be a procedure for package revocation?  For example, if I put
something up, I may want to take it down, either because it should be
renamed, or it's bitrotted code.

* Will there be an easy way to pull a full list of packages
programmatically from the central repositories?  One of the things I want
is the ability to provide separate views of the packages, say to overlay
something like ratings, or comments.  So if the central repository web site
can't provide this, still make it possible for people to pull the relevant
content programmatically.

* Will there be a consistent convention for declaring a package's test
cases?  In Perl's CPAN, for example, we know how to run the test cases for
any CPAN'ed package.  They even trust it well enough that it's usually part
of the installation process, so that if the test cases fail, the
installation fails reliably.  It would be nice if Racket packages supported
the same convention.

* I think I remember seeing comments about having the documentation
available before installing.  What's the status of this?