[racket-dev] Planet 2 Beta Release

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 2 10:38:33 EST 2012

Who here has tried using `raco link' for development?

The default mode is user-specific but not version-specific, and I've
found that default to be inconvenient. Usually, it turns out, I want an
installation-specific link, because I want it linked only for my
development version of Racket. When I get to the point that I do want
to use a different Racket version, it's a pain to juggle the links or
make a copy for different version. I look forward to using packages,
installation-specific links, and version-specific installs that are
taken as snapshots of the git repo.

Posted on the dev mailing list.