[racket-dev] crash with subprocess

From: Tobias Hammer (tobias.hammer at dlr.de)
Date: Thu Aug 30 07:38:23 EDT 2012

Hi,

i am experiencing random crashes when using subprocess followed by a
subprocess-wait. My test program, that i call via subprocess is special,
in that it kills itself very fast with a sigkill after executing.

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to reproduce this behavior in a small sample
but i could record three different core dumps with full debug info
(attached).
I tested with my own build of git head and 5.3.0.21.

All crashes/freezes are preceded by the message
"unexpected error from waitpid(138321448[1]): 10"
with a completely invalid pid argument to waitpid. The errno 10
is "No child processes".

What follows this message are random freezes (ctrl+c has no effect),
heap corruptions or segfaults.

I hope the supplied information is enough to locate whatever goes wrong,
otherwise i can, of course send in more.

Tobias

Tobias Hammer
DLR / Institute of Robotics and Mechatronics
Muenchner Str. 20, D-82234 Wessling
Tel.: 08153/28-1487
Mail: tobias.hammer at dlr.de