From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 22 20:51:34 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Asumu Takikawa <asumu at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> On 2012-08-12 15:42:09 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
>> But unlike other information from check syntax, it is activated by the
>> position of the insertion point, not the mouse position. I'm not sure
>> if this is the right call, but I thought it worth trying out.
>
> After using this for a bit, I've found it really useful for when I can't
> remember the argument order of a procedure.
>
> I think it's possible that it'd be more useful if it activated based on
> mouse position and faded out when the mouse cursor is off the
> identifier. Especially since you don't get the info as you're typing
> anyway (only after you have a valid expression).
>
> Right now you also have to make an extra click and then hover over the
> blue thing (unless it's locked, but then it never goes away even if you
> move the insertion point).

I had imagined that one would mostly leave it open and use f2 to close
it when it was too big and open it again when there is a question. In
other words, using the mouse to hover over the arrow is mostly what
I'd imagined people would only do if they didn't know about the f2
binding.

Do you know about it? (If not, I guess it isn't as discoverable as I'd
hoped it would be.)

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.