[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.3, second draft

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 1 11:45:10 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> The following have been deprecated and will be removed in the
>> August 2013 release:
>>
>>   - the `define-contract-struct' form. Use `struct' with `struct/dc'
>>     contracts instead.
>
> This entry surprises me.  Has it been discussed on the list?

Alright, perhaps it is better to just move the documentation to the
compatibility manual instead of removing the implementation. The
maintenance burden is probably not high enough to justify breaking
others' programs.

Ryan: can you remove this line from the release notes, please?

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.