[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.3, second draft

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 1 09:44:13 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Ryan Culpepper <ryan at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> * There is now a very complete completion code for zsh.  It is not
>   included in the distribution though, get it at: http://goo.gl/DU8JK
>   (This script and the bash completions will be included in the
>   standard installers in future versions.)

First, this link is broken.

Second, I think we should *not* use URL shorteners here.  There's no
need to add another point of failure.  If the link is too long, put it
in a footnote.

> * The `tex2page' and `combinator-parser' libraries have been moved
>   from the Racket distribution to PLaneT.

This should include the URLs to the planet packages, and perhaps the
`require` lines.

> The following have been deprecated and will be removed in the
> August 2013 release:
>
>   - the `define-contract-struct' form. Use `struct' with `struct/dc'
>     contracts instead.

This entry surprises me.  Has it been discussed on the list?
`define-contract-struct` has rather different semantics, right?
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.