[racket-dev] bug reports: include prefs file?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Sep 27 23:31:34 EDT 2011

Right now, there are two big text fields: "Description", and "Steps to
Reproduce".

How about changing it to be 2-3 big text fields, but one of them
defaults to having all this synthesized info in it in plain-text form,
and then the user is free to edit it, or even expected to?

This removes more GUI than it adds.

Perhaps 3 fields, with the new one being "Additional Information", and
something like the format below.

If someone wants to do this, I will write the procedure to sort out the
preferences and generate this text.

     INTERACTION HISTORY:
     (display "Hello, world!")
     (+ 1 2 3)

     POSSIBLY MORE-SENSITIVE PREFERENCES:

     COLLECTIONS:

     LINKS:

     OTHER PREFERENCES:

     HUMAN LANGUAGE: english

     VERSION: 5.1.3.10--2011-09-24(09b0a46/a)

     ENVIRONMENT: unix "Linux matthias 2.999-686 #1 SMP Fri Sep 2
20:66:05 UTC 2025 i686 GNU/Linux" (i386-linux/3m) (get-display-depth) = 32

     MEMORY USE: 94206368

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/