[racket-dev] weirdness with racket or typed racket module requiring startup time?

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 25 21:29:13 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu> wrote:

[snip TR taking a long time to load]

> Is that something that's supposed to happen?  I guess I'm just trying
> to understand the repercussions of requiring a module from Typed
> Racket into regular Racket.

This looks a little worse than I expected, but in general, modules in
Typed Racket incur some startup time overhead.  Right now, this is
inherent in the architecture of how Typed Racket modules communicate
with each other, and the semantics of `require' in Racket.  The plan
is that adding "facets" or "sub-modules" will allow this time to be
reduced or eliminated, but right now you can't avoid it.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.